The rules for registering IE domain names are changing. From March 21, the need to explain why you want a particular name (the “claim to the name”) when registering an IE domain will be removed. This will make it faster and easier to get an IE domain. Anyone with a real connection to Ireland will be able to register any available IE domain they want.
In the meantime, it is important that you protect your brand and register any names you need before the rules change. The only way to ensure that no one registers a domain you want or need is to register it yourself. You can check availability by clicking here.
What is changing?
What isn’t changing?
What does this mean for you?
- If you are running a business, you currently have an advantage as you have a “claim to the name” which allows you to secure your available domains today.
- From March 21, anyone with a connection to Ireland can register any domain name without proving a claim.
- Safeguard your hard-won identity and reputation online – don’t let a competitor take your IE domain names.
Secure your domains today
- Click here to find out if your IE domain is available. You can register as many as you need to protect your brand.
- If you’re not sure about the process, or would like advice on what to register, please get in touch.
What happens if someone takes my name after March 21st, 2018?