Beecher Networks has been an accredited IE registrar since 2003. IE is a managed registry with more specific requirements than the likes of COM or UK, so we go out of our way to walk our customers through the registration process — from the basics of picking a relevant and effective IE domain, to choosing the correct path to registration. See below for more information, or get started by checking availability.
The IE domain registry requires documentation of a connection with Ireland for new IE registrations. Generally speaking the easiest and quickest way to process the application is with a Corporation Name or Registered Business Name relevant to the domain, in which case we just need the Corporation or RBN number. If an RBN number isn’t available, one can be registered online at the Companies Registration Office.
If you’re starting a business, or wish to register an IE domain name for a personal site, we will need evidence of your identity, with one of the following documents:
- Irish Passport.
- Irish / UK driver’s licence (showing an address in the island of Ireland).
- Irish / Northern Irish bank statement (showing an address in the island of Ireland).
- Official College ID (issued by any educational institution recognised by the Department of Education).
- Department of Social Protection issued Public Services Card.
- Correspondence from Ireland’s Revenue Commissioners (showing your PPS number).